Wednesday, May 09, 2007

On cramming for finals

Many years ago, when I was visiting my aunt in Maple Ridge (then Haney), I overheard a young minister say that the only reason old people went to church was because they were cramming for finals.

I remember being somewhat surprised that a man of the collar would say that, but on reflection, realized that it was way too true. I haven't been to church in years....and the last time was a funeral.

Not going to church doesn't preclude thoughts on spirituality, ethical behavior and morality - in fact, far from it. Maybe if I went to church, I wouldn't have to think about these things all by myself.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that His message is getting through to the church-goers either.

None of them seem to be any nicer when they exit the building, nor do any appear to live that message during the week. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to see a little goodness now and then.

Not because it'll get you a ticket past the pearly gates when you've written your finals, but because it will make the day a far more pleasant one for those around you NOW.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I agree wholeheartedly! Take care!

May 09, 2007 6:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares