Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm supposed to be writing...but wanted to learn about memes instead

Report cards, because I'm not allowed to go skiing with the school today, because I have some new Moms who said I can't go out and play until the nasty cold goes away.

Disappointing as that was, they're right, and my ear is still blocked up, so I should go back to bed and recuperate if I'm not going to write report cards.

Being the finest of procrastinators, I've updated my other blogs and asked myself: "What exactly is a meme?"

FAQ the first explains them as units of intellectual or cultural information that is passed on from one to another. The FAQ gives some lucid examples, and is engagingly written.

And then I found this Meme Tree and now I simply can't go back to work! It's like waiting for your name to appear at 2,000 mph at the bottom of the TV screen if you've donated $20 to the telethon.

Only better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares