Friday, June 17, 2005

Aesthetic Surgery

Hot, humid, with only the hint of air conditioning, I lay sprawled in bed, sleepless, watching "Diets of the Stars" or something similar on the MTV channel. I almost woke up completely when I discovered that Renée Zellweger had to gain weight for Bridget Jones (and then take it all off again to fit into some dress. Goes to show how little attention I pay to this stuff.

Why didn't they just hire a rounder actress? I'd actually enjoyed seeing the plumpness on the airline "big" screen! Thought - good on Hollywood, they're making steps towards real. I felt better about myself. And now I'm all shattered again.
Even if Bridget Jones was supposed be about self-acceptance.

----------------

I love art books, especially with a bag of chips and a club soda. When I got Taschen's ad-mail a few minutes ago...well, I'll be damned! Guilt vanished! Everyone is trying so very hard to be perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares