Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Accidental Clean Sweep

Got back from Costa Rica Monday night and spent yesterday bemoaning my now-lost-forever hard drive with years and years of pictures, all my school (work) stuff… . Backing stuff up is just so much extra work when there’s games to play, y’know. Mind you, it also took a good few hours to plough through all the email spam; another hour or so to get frustrated over the software that uploads pictures to my blog – which also looks like it might become deceased.

I really should get a life away from this machine. There’s a tiny whisper in my ear that says – “oh well…it was just stuff”. And as I gaze around the paper pile that decorates every cranny of this house, I have half a mind to say “oh well, it’s just stuff” and pitch it.

Until I get to the first little drawing that J-kid did when he was four; gaze, sigh, and with that motherly coo…”Ahhhhhhhhhh, isn’t that so cute ?”

…and put it into the “TO SAVE FOREVER AND EVER” pile, which by now, is substantially larger than the “GIVE AWAY” and the almost non-existent “GARBAGE” pile.

Perhaps what the house needs is the power supply to fry. Certainly solved the junk on the computer problem quickly enough, didn’t it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim Norton - The Acting Artist said...

Hey welcome back! Can't wait to see the pics.

So, it was the hard drive that started sending smoke signals and not the power supply? That's too bad.

Sounds like you're in need of another episode of Cleansweep Melanie. I hear that's been pre-empted until at least mid Summer though.

Cheers!

March 23, 2005 11:01 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, it was the power supply too. I like the deeply sympathetic note.

As for Cleansweep Mel, that would be Summer 2015, right?

But I could do with some help on the Hello problem, hint, hint...

March 24, 2005 10:32 a.m.  
Blogger Tim Norton - The Acting Artist said...

I'll see what I can do...most likely next week sometime. This weekend is pretty much booked up.

March 24, 2005 12:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares